Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2018, 02:58:25 am

Login with username, password and session length
Team Z Motorsports
Tech Section
* SBFTECH Membership Required *
435157 Posts in 37249 Topics by 9534 Members
Latest Member: 88_GT
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ SBFTECH.com Experienced Small Block Ford Tech
|-+ About SBFTECH.com
| |-+ Pin Read This FIRST & Registration Procedure Pin
| | |-+ Post Count Requirements for Classifieds and Vendor Rules
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Post Count Requirements for Classifieds and Vendor Rules  (Read 10311 times)
vristang
Mr. Coffee
Global Moderator
Big Block

What I look like in a tie...

« on: February 18, 2009, 07:56:45 am »

Attention all Members

A while back we started a new rule for accessing the For Sale/Wanted Ads on this forum, which requires a member to have a minimum of 10 posts on the site before they gain access to this section.  The reason for this should be obvious; the safety of our hardcore members.  The 10 post minimum reduces the likelihood of scammers being able to take advantage of our members.  Also, it is good practice to introduce your self before doing business with someone, especially when doing business over the internet.  In other words; It’s just good manners.

With that said, there are obviously good and bad ways to rack up your 10 posts.  Lately, there have been TOO MANY frivolous posts being made with the sole intent of racking up the post count.

Posts such as the following just don’t cut it, and will be deleted.
“I guess I need to make 10 posts before I can look at them... 2 down, 8 to go!!”
“I must be getting closer to 10???”
“This is my tenth post now”
“Haha, this is my 10th.  Let's see whats for sale!”

Now, it is understood that not all members want to make posts in the tech sections.  Some folks don’t feel they have anything to contribute, and others just prefer to read.  
That is ok!
There are several current threads that will help you increase your post count, while sharing some info about you and your project.  The following are some examples…

‘Stop in and Introduce Yourself’
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,43.0.html

‘What are you a Professional at?’
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,5130.0.html

‘How did you hear about SBFTech.com?’
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,620.0/topicseen.html

Create a new thread in this section telling us about yourself and/or your project...
http://sbftech.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

Maybe introduce yourself to other members in your area?
http://sbftech.com/index.php/board,70.0.html

These threads allow you the opportunity to introduce yourself to our community, while increasing your post count in a meaningful way.

As always, if anyone has questions regarding this rule, or anything else on the site, then please contact myself or one of the other staff members here.
We are here to help.

Regarding vendors and other service providers that wish to advertise their products or services at SBFTECH:

We prohibit the advertising and solicitation of products and/or services from businesses and/or their agents without prior express written consent from one of the Administrators of this forum.  While we welcome most businesses to become a site sponsor here at SBFTECH, being such involves a monetary commitment.  Send a PM to one of the Administrators of this forum if you wish to become a site sponsor.

If you are unsure if the selling or advertising of your products or services requires you to first become a site sponsor, please PM an Administrator of this forum for clarification or permission BEFORE you make such a post or listing a business in your signature.  The issuance of warnings may or may not be given to violators of this rule.  Thank you.
The Management,
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 11:02:13 am by mighty mouse » Logged

- jason
Quote from: Albert Einstein
If we knew what we were doing, we wouldn’t call it research, would we?
Quote from: My Grandma
Find a young one, so you can raise her right.
Joel5.0
El Hombre
Administrator
Big Block

Miracles?.... by appointment only!

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 04:39:29 pm »

Attention all Members

A while back we started a new rule for accessing the For Sale/Wanted Ads on this forum, which requires a member to have a minimum of 10 posts on the site before they gain access to this section.  The reason for this should be obvious; the safety of our hardcore members.  The 10 post minimum reduces the likelihood of scammers being able to take advantage of our members.  Also, it is good practice to introduce your self before doing business with someone, especially when doing business over the internet.  In other words; It’s just good manners.

The Management,

The statement above has been changed as follows:

• 2- Stroke members have "Read Only" access to the classifieds now, just as a Guest does.
  • The 10-post minimum count is still in effect for replying to existent threads or starting new ones. IOW, the minimum post requirements to be able to actively post in the Classifieds IS in effect.
  • If this change causes any problems in terms of negative experiences, it will be changed back to the original status described above.

Again...... Welcome ... and we know that you will appreciate the extra security precautions we take for our membership, specially now that you have become part of it.

SBFTech.com

ACRONYMS:
LUK  LMK  JIC  BTSTDTRT  YCYDYP  NFI-YTM  SPOBI, and the classic... DILLIGAS

'86 Mustang GT, X-303 cam, Holley DP 700, RG Tran., 289 Heads   Ford Smilie 2

Quote from: Joel5.0
The right to be stupid is inalienable for sure however, there is no such thing as a right to impose stupidity onto others
Great Thoughts will Overwhelm a Feeble Mind
There is never money to do it right, but there's always money to do it over.
Knowledge based on external evidence is unreliable.
He, who doesn't ask, does not deserve an answer.
A mind is like a parachute it only works when it is open.  (oldmanjoe)
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. (Albert Einstein)
Tuning on a Dyno for the track, is like swim practice in a bathtub.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you. (90lxcoupe)
The proof of understanding is the ability to explain it. (H. Torruella)
Ignorance is bliss, but stupidity is orgasmic.
Fraud and falsehood only dread examination. Truth invites it. (Samuel Johnson)
The chaotic resistance of the opponents leads to the conclusion that they are not prepared to meet the challenge. The problem is already much more psychological then technological. [Bojidar Djordjev]
Individuals are rational and humane... Crowds are reactionary and barbaric. (Jason)
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it. –Chinese Proverb
Nothing sways the stupid more than arguments they can't understand - Cardinal de Retz
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: