Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2018, 07:28:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length
434528 Posts in 37192 Topics by 9526 Members
Latest Member: notchbackjoe
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ SBFTECH.com Experienced Small Block Ford Tech
|-+ Library Tech Library Tech
| |-+ Power and Drivetrain Combos
| | |-+ 9.5 Deck Stroker Combos
| | | |-+ 393W in 67 Mustang
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 393W in 67 Mustang  (Read 22158 times)
dennis112
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2009, 06:35:33 am »

Thanks James for the info and for the pics.  I watched your video over and over and I love the way your car goes down the track.   

Dennis

65' Stang, 434W NA, Victor Heads, Super Vic Intake, 11:1, Braswell Carb, Bullet SR Cam, G101A 4-Speed, 4:56 rear, 93 Octane Pump Gas  9.82@138.00
eckertd
Big Block

Fibonacci: It's as easy as 1, 1, 2, 3, ...

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2009, 02:46:09 pm »

Regarding the split-mono leafs, did you go with stock ride height or +/-1"?

I'm just about to order the whole shebang (split-mono leaf, CalTracs, Rancho RS 9000) for mine, and am wondering if there's any benefit (other than tire clearance) to having it sit +1".

Amazing car, BTW, I wish mine looked half (no, make that quarter) as good!

95RCode
SBFTechie
Small Block

Roll Tide!!

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2009, 05:50:19 pm »

Regarding the split-mono leafs, did you go with stock ride height or +/-1"?

I'm just about to order the whole shebang (split-mono leaf, CalTracs, Rancho RS 9000) for mine, and am wondering if there's any benefit (other than tire clearance) to having it sit +1".

Amazing car, BTW, I wish mine looked half (no, make that quarter) as good!

I went with the +1" ride height.  I tried the stock ride height and my 29.5 tall slicks wouldn't quite fit.  Being that they are split leaf springs they just sent me the rear half and I swapped them out.  Calvert was great to deal with.  Sent them out before I even pulled off the old ones. 

I think you'll be getting the newer 9-way adjustable shocks, I still have the old 5-way's. 

Thanks for the compliments:)

I just got it back together this week.  About ready for a trip to the track!!!!!!!!

Take care,
James

1967 Coupe
Pump Gas 393 with a Jerico, Brodix Track 1 M2 CNC, Super Victor
95RCode
SBFTechie
Small Block

Roll Tide!!

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2009, 06:56:03 pm »

I had the Pinks photos scanned today at work.  They are little better than the old ones:

First one Wilson from Tool Time, ha ha.

1967 Coupe
Is1BadFord
Rookie
2stroke

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2009, 07:25:32 pm »

VERY nice looking ride =D.  I always loved the fastbacks...but have always owned coupes.  Funny that since Gone in 60 Seconds and the whole 'Eleanor' thing...I'm actually preferring the coupes!

Cris 
95RCode
SBFTechie
Small Block

Roll Tide!!

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2009, 02:27:10 pm »

Well finally made it back to the track.  Last time I went was the Pinks All Out event in AL at the end of last year.  Made some changes over the winter. 

I changed the AFR 185's and the Victor Jr. for Brodix Track 1's and a Super Victor.  This included an upgrade to my headers and exhaust also.  It picked up about a haf a point of compression too.  Still running my flat tappet from Jay. 

Car has pretty much run 6.90-7.00 in the 1/8 and 10.90's to 11 flat pretty consistently.  Run in the 6.80's three times and 10.70's twice.  Those 10.70's were at pinks in pretty much killer conditions with a tailwind Smiley

Last night ran 6.80 first pass followed by a 6.88 and then a 6.86 all over a 101 mph.  Felt strong but knew something wasn't quite right.  I'm pretty much a newb but thankfully I had someone there with me pretty much crew chiefing me.  He noticed right away that it didn't sound right on one side.  Well when I originally adjusted the valves I didnt' get the jam nuts tight on three intake rockers on the right side. 

Readjusted all the valves and made two more passes 6.73 and 6.74!!!!  Didn't get any MPH readings those runs though.  Haven't played with any jetting or timing yet either.

Need to get my suspension dialed in a little better it's setting the front tires down about a foot to the left on launch and then start tuning on it some.  I think with some better driving on my part and tuning on both engine and suspension it should run some 6.60's and 10.50's.  That would suite me just fine on pump gas with a flat tappet cam.  Eventially going to upgrade the motor but I need to get handle on what I have first.  It should be fun finding some more ET

James

1967 Coupe
95RCode
SBFTechie
Small Block

Roll Tide!!

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2009, 02:27:14 pm »

Just a little update.  Last time I had it out it was vibrating pretty good.  Found the main bearings in the Jerico starting fail.  Did a good inspection on it while I had it out, everything but the front and rear bearings looked good.  Whoever had it before me had put too much RTV on the front bearing retainer and the tailshaft and had blocked off the oil drainback holes.    

It was also still pulling to the left on launch.  Found my rear brakes pretty much fried.  Right rear not even working at all and the left one was tight and only one plunger working.  Pretty sure that's why it was pulling.

Oh well, close to getting it back together.

1967 Coupe
69 Merc
The Ricer King
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2009, 02:46:33 pm »

Any more current pics?   Thanx!

Robert's 1969 Mercury Montego (FordStrokers 408W, QFT 850cfm RQ-AN, Super Victor, 1" aluminum open spacer, CamMotion HR .624"/.609" 251*/256* 108* LSA, 1-3/4" x 3-1/2" headers, Dynomax Ultra #17224 mufflers, C6/4R100 trans, 8"/9" 5500 converter, Broader Performance manual V/B, 9" 4.56 Detroit Truetrac, Hoosier Pro Street 31" x 12.5" R15" on 10" rims)

The Merc started here = http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,27178.0.html  Now = http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,34648.0.html

Thanks to Jim "Woody" and Nicole Woods @ FordStrokers 408W, Westminster Performance Transmission (W.P.T.) transmissions, TCS Performance converters, Broader Performance valvebodies and last but not least a BIG thanks (always) to my friends here and abroad in the World!
95RCode
SBFTechie
Small Block

Roll Tide!!

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2009, 05:03:08 pm »

Any more current pics?   Thanx!

No, still looks the same.   Wink

1967 Coupe
95RCode
SBFTechie
Small Block

Roll Tide!!

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2010, 01:43:52 am »

Well, went and made a few passes tonight over at Montgomery Motorsports Park and have a new personal best.  How about 10.46 at 127.84.  1/8 mile time was 6.63 at 103.  I've got a lot of passes on this 393 but it's still running strong.  Jays solid flat tappet cam is performing pretty damn good.  Actually much better than I thought it would.     

Have plans for a 410 with a forged rotating assembly and a nice set of Diamond pistons that should put me at about 13 to 1.  That and a solid roller should put me in the 9's pretty easy.  Gonna have some updating to do on the chassis. Hmmmmm  Oh well, you only live once right!!

James

1967 Coupe
mitymustang351
4 Banger

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2011, 10:43:20 am »

i see you are running brodix track 1 series heads now, question what are the chamber size? iv got a set and cant find any numbers for reseach other than track 1. i would realy like to know the size of mine, but brodix books only lable their t1 series as the same? surely the $1800 set of heads have smaller cc chambers straight out of the box than 74cc ( i believe that is what i read).
95RCode
SBFTechie
Small Block

Roll Tide!!

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2011, 03:56:24 pm »

i see you are running brodix track 1 series heads now, question what are the chamber size? iv got a set and cant find any numbers for reseach other than track 1. i would realy like to know the size of mine, but brodix books only lable their t1 series as the same? surely the $1800 set of heads have smaller cc chambers straight out of the box than 74cc ( i believe that is what i read).

Mine are 58cc, but they have been milled a pretty good bit.  I think they were 74cc when new.

Take care,
James

1967 Coupe
mitymustang351
4 Banger

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2011, 06:59:26 pm »

what all did you have to do to other components when you milled them to 58 cc? (such as did you have mill intake also?)

and did you mill them flat with bottom of the head?
reason i ask is im not sure about all of that. i wanted to make mine around that but the machine shop told me to many diff. things and i could not asnwer,them for what i was wanting.they started in on diff angles for milling and all i wanted was the heads shaved.
95RCode
SBFTechie
Small Block

Roll Tide!!

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2011, 04:22:08 pm »

Mine were flat milled.  When I installed them I also installed a super victor.  It was new and I had to have it milled .120" from each manifold face and I think it was .150" off the bottom where it mates to the block.

If the manifold ports line up perfect before milling, then you take off the same exact amount off each manifold face that you milled off the head.  The part of the manifold that meets the block needs more, I can't remember exactly how much though.  There is a formula for that part.  I'll dig abound for it, I think I have it at home.

James

1967 Coupe
mitymustang351
4 Banger

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2011, 12:22:35 am »

thanks for the info it willdeff. be useful Thanx!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: