Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2018, 01:57:41 am

Login with username, password and session length
435277 Posts in 37275 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ Library Tech Library Tech
| |-+ Tech Articles/Sticky's Section
| | |-+ EFI to Carburetor Conversion Summarized Procedure
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EFI to Carburetor Conversion Summarized Procedure  (Read 38638 times)
liljoe07
"Gentleman Joe"
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

Feed your MILD side

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2010, 05:54:18 pm »

I am looking at right now. Its a yellow wire with red stripe. On the same 4 wire row as the pink/black wire. Right next to it.

More than likely the same wire. Just some used a different coded wire but same colors. Turn the key on and make sure it doesn have 12v. If it doesn't, temporarily add a jumper from it to a ground. Cycle the key and se if the fuel pump relay clicks.

89 Coupe:
347- Canfield 195's, Holley Systemax II, Jones Cam, 3" Exhaust, 3" Spintechs, QuarterHorse, BE/EA

Well since you friggin disagree with every damn suggestion, just rebuild the piece of shit.
Orange395w
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2010, 06:00:39 pm »

I am looking at right now. Its a yellow wire with red stripe. On the same 4 wire row as the pink/black wire. Right next to it.

More than likely the same wire. Just some used a different coded wire but same colors. Turn the key on and make sure it doesn have 12v. If it doesn't, temporarily add a jumper from it to a ground. Cycle the key and se if the fuel pump relay clicks.

Thanks. I will have to wait on that as I don't have the fuel system hooked up yet. The feedline is capped off. I have no regulator or carb or anything yet.

azhatchback
4 Banger

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 06:39:56 pm »

I am looking into converting my car and found a few problems with jason fletcher's  procedure. I have an 88 and used a haynes 79-92 mustang & 79 - 86 capri manual. I maped out all the wiring. I cant tell you if this is for all years but this applies to my 88. First off you need to go by the wire color that runs into the fire wall not the side that goes to PC and sensors.
Here are the items that are incorrect.

Wire #97 - Ground, Tan & Light Green. This does exist but it is in the green conector in the passanger kick panel by PC. As another guy stated it is also in the test port but that does you no good as the test port will be tossed with the main harness. This ground wire goes to pc pin 22  designated as "feed back carb coil". This is what you ground out. It is wire #97 and is in kick panel not in the black connector. I traced it all the way from the fuel pump schematic.

Wire # 361 is not wire 361. It is wire 787 and is pink / black. Tie this into wire #16 red and light green on grey conector and there you go. Fuel pump is powered. The rest of the artical is correct.  Atleast for an 88 it is.

Louis Wood

kennygunit
4 Banger

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2011, 11:22:10 am »

I just pulled a 351w EFI motor and going to convert it to a carb.

As weird as this sounds, i find working with a carb a lot more easier than having to deal with EFI for road racing.

Thanks for the article, it was very good!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: