Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 01:54:59 am

Login with username, password and session length
Team Z Motorsports
Tech Section
* SBFTECH Membership Required *
413154 Posts in 35357 Topics by 8832 Members
Latest Member: app01
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ SBFTECH.com Experienced Small Block Ford Tech
|-+ General Tech
| |-+ Nitrous (Moderator: juiced coupe)
| | |-+ nitrous fuel flow tool
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: nitrous fuel flow tool  (Read 6959 times)
biggspray
"Brando"
Big Block

« on: April 15, 2008, 11:53:10 pm »

anyone make there own flow tool, would you care to share the specs and what not, im trying to make one so i an flow my system, but im not feeling the 150 right now to get one...as i still have tons of stuff to buy yet....

run what you brung....and hope you brung enough..
89GT
Stroked Small Block

Heads up racing...now that whats up

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 11:12:30 pm »

I had and extra one of these -->http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=700+4294925239+4294839080+115+4294843700 and a liquid filled big face pressure guage that I got from a plumbing supply store

I attached the guage to the guage port on the pressure guage adapter and installed it between the regulator and the solenoid.

Now most people ask "where do I get a jet holder so that I can flow it through the jet for accuracy"?
Well for me, I had a NX stage six plate and the jet holder on the plate was removable, so that is exactly what I used. This way my system was flowing through all the same stuff that it would normally be flowing through, execpt the adapted  pressure guage, and the plate.

Worked just fine for me.

Neither the tree nor the traps lie............

434 by Kuntz
juiced coupe
Six figures worth of don't give a f*ck
Global Moderator
Big Block

The land mass between New Orleans and Mobile

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 02:41:19 pm »

I built my own. I dont have any pics., but if you look at the one that Nitrous Supply makes, you will have a very good idea.I used a #6 line to a gauge adapter, a #3 line to a NOS jet fitting(had to drill out a little to fit my NX jets), and then a 1/4 plastic tube that dumps the fuel into a portable gas tank. The gauge that I use is a 3" Stuart Instriments that looks almost identical to the one on the NS flow tool. A few companies make a flow tool that is under $100, but I question the accuracy of the gauge that is used.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 12:31:51 am by juiced coupe » Logged

Just a 12 second car with a 11 second engine.....that runs 10s
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,20009.0.html

Quote from: Monte Smith
Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

You might need some Titanium rods and a flow bench!  LMAO on floor
juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 01:02:52 am »

I had added pics of my flow tool to this thread, but they were lost in the sight crash. I thought I should add them back, along with some other pics.

* Image015.jpg (118.5 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 248 times.)

* Image016.jpg (121.01 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 174 times.)

* Image017.jpg (142.82 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 214 times.)

Bottom line, if it was the hot ticket, the fast guys would do it.............they don't

juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 01:06:26 am »

I am also building a few more flow tools for myself and a few locals. As I get off my ass and get them done, I will post up some pics for those who are interested. Here are the gauges that are being used on a couple of them.

* Image018.jpg (107.11 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 201 times.)

juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 12:47:05 am »

Got some of this stuff done tonight. I still need to get some AN and various brass fittings for some of them. I wanted all the stainless lines on my high resolution "home" tool, so I stripped them from my old tool. I have a pile of -6 push loc, so it will be used on the rest unless otherwise requested.

For my home tool, i used a 10#, 0.1# resolution gauge. The gauge had a 1/2" NPT port, so I used a bell reducer to get down to 3/8". The fuel feed line from the regulator to the valve is -6. The line from the "T" to the jet fitting is -3.

The smaller tool is for someone else. It has a 15#, 0.25# resolution gauge. Its size make it ideal for people who don't bring large tool boxes to the track. It is all 1/4"NPT. It will have a -6 push loc to the gauge and a -3 female to NPT fitting instead of a line to connect to the jet fitting.

I am also collecting parts to rebuild my old too (also adding a valve) and another high resolution tool for a friend.

Here are a few pics for those interested.

* flow gauge 001.JPG (386.19 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 262 times.)

* flow gauge 002.JPG (442.18 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 251 times.)

* flow gauge 004.JPG (364.47 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 298 times.)

juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 02:00:21 am »

I see several people have viewed this thread, but none have posted in it. If any of you have any pics, comments, or questions, feel free to post them. While these tools are fairly simple, people tend to have issues finding the correct parts while others don't understand how to use them. So, post up.

Blk88GT
"Champ"
Big Block

McNitrous

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 09:25:24 am »

Looks good. I need a few of those parts myself but just haven't gotten around to it.

Right now, I come out of the T fitting into a chunk of rubber hose than I just jammed the jet in.

Ian
1988 Mustang GT - 8.97 @ 150.46 on 275s!
2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD LBZ with lots of goodies

Speedos irritate me
Uhvnutn
4 Banger

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 08:50:43 pm »

Looks good to me. Almost exactly the same way I built mine a few years ago.
juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2010, 11:51:55 pm »

Ran into this, have to say that I've never thought about how high the gauge was held. makes sense  though.

Quote from: Induction-Solutions
As for the flowing, you should always hold the gauge upright facing you. Also you should always hold at the same place/height.

Just changing the height 12 inches will change the pressure your flowing at due to raising the colum of fuel to.. SJ

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264257

Brian261
6 Banger

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2010, 10:32:22 am »

i Just used a spare plate with the jet that i am gonna run and hold it over a small bucket and flowed it that way...worked fine for me

The Green Goblin
juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 04:50:14 pm »

i Just used a spare plate with the jet that i am gonna run and hold it over a small bucket and flowed it that way...worked fine for me

Not that there is anything wrong with using a spare plate, but there are some flaws in the approach.

1- The gauge. Using one of those 1.5" gauges is a good way to toast a piston. They are notoriously inaccurate. The 2 1/16 and 2 5/8 gauges aren't much better. The gauge I use is a calibrated Ashcroft with 0.1# resolution.

2- Flowing through the solenoid. Solenoid coils get very hot while in service. This is a good way to ruin one. Most of them are $40-60 each.

Induction-Solutions
4 Banger

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2010, 08:17:14 pm »

Really the best and correct way to flow the system is to just flow out one side of the regulator and not thru the solenoid... 

As stated, this only wears out the solenoid quicker and depending where your measuring the pressure at can really change the numbers ?? Sooo depending on how and where you doing this can have a big effect on the tune and the out come.. Thanks, SJ

Induction-Solutions
4 Banger

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2010, 08:18:33 pm »

I am also building a few more flow tools for myself and a few locals. As I get off my ass and get them done, I will post up some pics for those who are interested. Here are the gauges that are being used on a couple of them.

That gauge being under the zero as far as it is would concern me from the start ????    Huh?  SJ

juiced coupe
Global Moderator
Big Block

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2010, 08:24:22 pm »

That gauge being under the zero as far as it is would concern me from the start ????    Huh?  SJ

I was told it had to do with the gauges range being so close at the low part. It will be checked against my other gauges before use.

EDIT:
The gauge is rated as a 3-10# unit. It was supposed to be calibrated at 6.5# (1/2 scale). Will post up any variances I find. If this gauge doesn't work out, I also have a regular scale 0-15# unit (same size).
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 05:15:01 am by juiced coupe » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: