Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2018, 11:59:22 am

Login with username, password and session length
TRADER Feedback System
IS NOW AVAILABLE
* SBFTECH Membership Required *
435277 Posts in 37275 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ General Tech
| |-+ Joel 5.0's Electronic Engine Management
| | |-+ EFI DO's and DONT's (A Work in Progress)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: EFI DO's and DONT's (A Work in Progress)  (Read 120733 times)
pops88gt
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2009, 02:44:54 pm »

Ok, I get that, after some of this Hmmmmm Any thoughts on keeping the stock set up? Function of header evac with an s/c vs n/a?

hell yeah poppa ! !
Lil small Vortech, more than enough for Brad to shit his pants daily(woody)

Dart block big bore 347 by Fordstrokers, forged internals, probe pistons, 9.5 to 1, CI custom roller cam and TW 205's, comp ulta gold 1.6, Trick flow BOX R, accufab 90mm tb, 83# injectors, BBRC billet fuel rails, Afm power pipe with DBX97B mass air and 6" filter, Vortech T trim- 3.12" upper- 8" lower, 1 3/4 to 3" hooker supercomp long tubes, 3" exhaust, Aeromotive fuel system with mangnafuel pro tuner 750 pump, sno performance methanol system,  C4 manual reverse vavle body with brake, 4900 stall converter by ultimate. PMS tuner.

I am a public employee. I am not the enemy, I am not the problem. You the Government stole from my pension fund.

You the Government mismanaged YOUR money. I followed the rules you set up and agreed to. I am not the Enemy!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO-4O1Ccxtw
eljavy
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2009, 04:26:37 pm »

hey joel im running pcv valve is not a stock and 2 valve covers breathers and the car runs fine but i have a pms and i

my cuestions is if i relocated to the intake duct before the SC will it contaminate the intake with oil?

do i just weld a tube to the power pipe in the intake of the s/c can i used where the bypass valve used to be? 

righ now this is my pcv setup

408 stroker "o" ring 351w block,tcy damper,afm b41hr cam,TF heads ported,TF R box imtake.arp head studs,LT.BBK headers,BBK x pipe,BASSANI side exahust cat-back,roller lifters conv.,TF rockers,TF pushrods,accel 48lbs injectors,aeromotive fuel p. reg,vortech t rex external pump,255 in tank holley fuel pump,75 mm tb,75 mm egr spacer,centerforce dual friction cluch,3.73 gears,b&m shifter,vortech supercharger@??psi of boost vortech blowoff valve,snow performance water and methanol injection,afm power pipe,80mm vortech mass air,griffing aluminum radiator,anderson motorsport pms,ngk wideband a/f,full ford racing gauges oil p.,water temp.,volts,boost,fuel p.,tach
Joel5.0
El Hombre
Administrator
Big Block

Miracles?.... by appointment only!

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2009, 08:42:39 pm »

Javier..... you are pressurizing the crankcase by keeping that PCV valve in use. You need a real check valves setup there + do what you mentioned on the post-MAF air duct section....... or add another breather to the PCV valve and plug the intake port.

ACRONYMS:
LUK  LMK  JIC  BTSTDTRT  YCYDYP  NFI-YTM  SPOBI, and the classic... DILLIGAS

'86 Mustang GT, X-303 cam, Holley DP 700, RG Tran., 289 Heads   Ford Smilie 2

Quote from: Joel5.0
The right to be stupid is inalienable for sure however, there is no such thing as a right to impose stupidity onto others
Great Thoughts will Overwhelm a Feeble Mind
There is never money to do it right, but there's always money to do it over.
Knowledge based on external evidence is unreliable.
He, who doesn't ask, does not deserve an answer.
A mind is like a parachute it only works when it is open.  (oldmanjoe)
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. (Albert Einstein)
Tuning on a Dyno for the track, is like swim practice in a bathtub.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you. (90lxcoupe)
The proof of understanding is the ability to explain it. (H. Torruella)
Ignorance is bliss, but stupidity is orgasmic.
Fraud and falsehood only dread examination. Truth invites it. (Samuel Johnson)
The chaotic resistance of the opponents leads to the conclusion that they are not prepared to meet the challenge. The problem is already much more psychological then technological. [Bojidar Djordjev]
Individuals are rational and humane... Crowds are reactionary and barbaric. (Jason)
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it. –Chinese Proverb
Nothing sways the stupid more than arguments they can't understand - Cardinal de Retz
eljavy
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2009, 03:57:35 am »

Javier..... you are pressurizing the crankcase by keeping that PCV valve in use. You need a real check valves setup there + do what you mentioned on the post-MAF air duct section....... or add another breather to the PCV valve and plug the intake port.

do u have a part number i can look on my local part store? or were can i get this real check valve?

Thanx! joel

408 stroker "o" ring 351w block,tcy damper,afm b41hr cam,TF heads ported,TF R box imtake.arp head studs,LT.BBK headers,BBK x pipe,BASSANI side exahust cat-back,roller lifters conv.,TF rockers,TF pushrods,accel 48lbs injectors,aeromotive fuel p. reg,vortech t rex external pump,255 in tank holley fuel pump,75 mm tb,75 mm egr spacer,centerforce dual friction cluch,3.73 gears,b&m shifter,vortech supercharger@??psi of boost vortech blowoff valve,snow performance water and methanol injection,afm power pipe,80mm vortech mass air,griffing aluminum radiator,anderson motorsport pms,ngk wideband a/f,full ford racing gauges oil p.,water temp.,volts,boost,fuel p.,tach
pops88gt
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2009, 04:48:13 pm »

Breater & PCV way to go or F-NO?
« on: December 26, 2006, 11:37:11 am » Found all my answers here!!!  THANKS.

hell yeah poppa ! !
Lil small Vortech, more than enough for Brad to shit his pants daily(woody)

Dart block big bore 347 by Fordstrokers, forged internals, probe pistons, 9.5 to 1, CI custom roller cam and TW 205's, comp ulta gold 1.6, Trick flow BOX R, accufab 90mm tb, 83# injectors, BBRC billet fuel rails, Afm power pipe with DBX97B mass air and 6" filter, Vortech T trim- 3.12" upper- 8" lower, 1 3/4 to 3" hooker supercomp long tubes, 3" exhaust, Aeromotive fuel system with mangnafuel pro tuner 750 pump, sno performance methanol system,  C4 manual reverse vavle body with brake, 4900 stall converter by ultimate. PMS tuner.

I am a public employee. I am not the enemy, I am not the problem. You the Government stole from my pension fund.

You the Government mismanaged YOUR money. I followed the rules you set up and agreed to. I am not the Enemy!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO-4O1Ccxtw
RavenR
4 Banger

« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2009, 11:19:38 pm »

Joel
Score another one for you and the SBF Tech contributors.  I have been in the process of converting my 67 Mustang to EFI.  I have been running a blow through Paxton carb'ed setup, but found a super deal on a 1991 Mustang engine, EEC, wiring ...the full setup. Got it all installed and could not get it to run.  The car would surge and backfire through the charger with a super strong unburned fuel smell.  Spent the last month chasing down every wire, sensor everything.  Thanks to you guys I didn't go and throw money at it.  I trusted your inputs when you guys said the ECM and sensor are very dependable, so I just kept reading every post here.
Finally found this post on supercharger PCVs and the connection to the TB from the right valve cover.  I went out and changed valve covers to an old style 302 with breathers and plugged the PCV for now.  Started the car, ran the base idle reset and ....perfect.  Idles at 850 and revs freely.
Thanks to you and everyone that is sharing info on SBF Tech
Jeff

J Raetz
67 Mustang, 302 EFI Vortech charged.
gtvert90
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2009, 11:42:23 pm »

Joel
Score another one for you and the SBF Tech contributors.  I have been in the process of converting my 67 Mustang to EFI.  I have been running a blow through Paxton carb'ed setup, but found a super deal on a 1991 Mustang engine, EEC, wiring ...the full setup. Got it all installed and could not get it to run.  The car would surge and backfire through the charger with a super strong unburned fuel smell.  Spent the last month chasing down every wire, sensor everything.  Thanks to you guys I didn't go and throw money at it.  I trusted your inputs when you guys said the ECM and sensor are very dependable, so I just kept reading every post here.
Finally found this post on supercharger PCVs and the connection to the TB from the right valve cover.  I went out and changed valve covers to an old style 302 with breathers and plugged the PCV for now.  Started the car, ran the base idle reset and ....perfect.  Idles at 850 and revs freely.
Thanks to you and everyone that is sharing info on SBF Tech
Jeff

Thumb up  Welcome  Uuuuummmmh

Phil.
jucaan
Small Block

« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2009, 11:05:51 pm »

I understand that its possible to install the dist housing slightly differently and what is most important is the relative position of ther dist housing/cap to the rotor (within the allowance for housing rotation for setting base timing within the mechanical contraints of the the TFI module), but I feel for a person who does not have much experience with this those series of pictures/digrams can be very confusing and misleading. I write this not as a criticism of those that posted as I know that this info was put there to be helpful (and Ive personally been helped by much of the tech info at the SBF website) but this particular info set needs to be reviewed and that conflicting and/or contradictive info be deleted or at least given better explanation.

Thank you

T

In my case the correct position is the red line.  I was trying to advance the timing and the module was hiting the water outlet and still did not get the desired timing advance.  With Joel's advice, I took the ignition out and put it back moving the rotor counter clockwise and now I can advance all the timing I want.

I guess it all depends on a case basis.

89LX Stock short block, Trickflow 170 TWS, Performer RPM, Pro Systems 730dp, shorty headers and O/R H Pipe, C4 3800 stall and 4.10 rear end.

Soon will test at Englishtown.
Joel5.0
El Hombre
Administrator
Big Block

« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2009, 06:33:02 am »

In my case the correct position is the red line.  I was trying to advance the timing and the module was hiting the water outlet and still did not get the desired timing advance.  With Joel's advice, I took the ignition out and put it back moving the rotor counter clockwise and now I can advance all the timing I want.

I guess it all depends on a case basis.

If you went from the green to the red, it's backwards........ it wouldn't allow to advance it much since you would be retarding the timing position..... Got pics?

ACRONYMS:

The right to be stupid is inalienable for sure however, there is no such thing as a right to impose stupidity onto others
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. (Albert Einstein)
The chaotic resistance of the opponents leads to the conclusion that they are not prepared to meet the challenge. The problem is already much more psychological then technological. [Bojidar Djordjev]
Individuals are rational and humane... Crowds are reactionary and barbaric. (Jason)
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it. –Chinese Proverb
Nothing sways the stupid more than arguments they can't understand - Cardinal de Retz
jucaan
Small Block

« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2009, 09:35:23 am »

If you went from the green to the red, it's backwards........ it wouldn't allow to advance it much since you would be retarding the timing position..... Got pics?
[/quote]

I'm sorry   You are right Joel  Thanx!.  I moved it counter clockwise so the righ position will be the green line.  All I know is that now I can advance it to 38*, 40*.  Now I need to test where he is the happiest.

89LX Stock short block, Trickflow 170 TWS, Performer RPM, Pro Systems 730dp, shorty headers and O/R H Pipe, C4 3800 stall and 4.10 rear end.

Soon will test at Englishtown.
Joel5.0
El Hombre
Administrator
Big Block

« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2009, 09:59:22 am »

... don't worry... eso pasa, eso pasa....... LOL

ACRONYMS:

Blackbetty88GT
Small Block

« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2010, 03:33:32 pm »

this was alot of help on my mustang. Thanks

gtvert90
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2010, 03:40:41 pm »

this was alot of help on my mustang. Thanks
Welcome

Phil.
Blackbetty88GT
Small Block

« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2010, 03:43:21 pm »

Thanks and i love this site. it is so helpful too.

60HAWK
Small Block

« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2010, 03:45:21 pm »

Welcome   Tell us about your mustang...

Jon

91' GT, FordStrokers - 69W Longblock, TEA HP Heads, Bullet SR-Cam, EFI-Super Vic, 5 spd, Accufab headers, TeamZ,

1960 Studebaker Hawk, Stude 289, 11.0:1
Jay-Roller Cam, Custom Rods, Diamond-pistons,  ported heads, 9" ford
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,26027.0.html
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: