Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 05:23:00 am

Login with username, password and session length
Director PLEASE!!!!
Add your location information to your personal profile. Thanx!
412757 Posts in 35322 Topics by 8821 Members
Latest Member: Connor926
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ SBFTECH.com Experienced Small Block Ford Tech
|-+ Grass Roots Tech
| |-+ Grass Roots General Tech
| | |-+ Grassroots Car Crafting - MUST READ!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Grassroots Car Crafting - MUST READ!  (Read 10966 times)
oldmanjoe
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

ya `ll play nice ye-hear

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 09:55:55 am »

Check this out....................http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=index

All the cool stuff is here!
                                             real cool stuff and the price"s very reasibly.

Still in the classroom hopefully still awake !!!
 A mind is like a parachute it ONLY works when it is OPEN
 Grandpa`s word`s of wisdom, joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack
 Only a rich man can afford cheap parts, because he can afford to replace them
 If you did not understand what i said,say so and i will try and explain it another way
Many of life's failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
Don`t get frustrated...get educated,you are at the library now ,so start reading .
Life`s journey is not to arrive at the grave Safely in a well preserved body,Rather to skid in sideways, out of control, totally worn out, Shouting Holy shit what a ride.
Inside the box is too crowded for me!!! besides every time you get going you run in to another corner.
 SPEED READING and written technical information , Don`t go together
Time is the best teacher, but most of its students die before learning the lessons.
IF YOUR READING COMPREHENSION IS NOT
OF A 5TH GRADE LEVEL DO NOT PROCEED {jay allen}
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
mj88stang
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 08:19:58 pm »

i saw Jay suggest a b cam on a recent thread in this new section. i almost spit my drink all over the computer screen. Grin

1988 hatchback, currently a shell
84 5.0
Big Block

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 08:24:13 pm »

as did I! well i guess he is being honest though! I like this section!
quickshift
Big Block

...old as dirt

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2008, 08:55:06 pm »

EXCELLENT IDEA!!!!!!!With so many racers caught up in the"trick of the week club", there are a lot of slightly used or old pieces out there @ good prices that a lot of guy's have written off as outdated or old school. These pieces worked great @ the time,but time has moved on. These combos worked good then and should still make HP now........just not as much as newer stuff. I"m guessing people such as Thumper,Jay,Woody etc can post some good #s from the past with "grassroots" parts and experience..........we all had to start somewhere..........that's when it was fun!           Mark

71 Comet, 289,351w heads,RR's,12.5 TRWs,ported torker/750DP, Liberty Top Loader (2.78), 9"/6.00s, tubbed,ladder bars,11.9xs@110 ..bla,bla,bla
84Cougar,88HO,Eddy RPM/700DP, 1.7RRs, shorty's, 8.8/4.10s,T-5/Hurst Pro Billet, K/C clutch...bla,bla,bla

Never shoot your mouth off unless your brain is loaded.   If you're not laughing...you're not living!
Jay Allen
Camshaft Innovations
Banned Member
Big Block

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2008, 09:15:42 pm »

i saw Jay suggest a b cam on a recent thread in this new section. i almost spit my drink all over the computer screen. Grin

There are instances where a cam from me is not needed.  The thread where I recommended a b-cam is/was one of them.  It was obvious to me that with the guys intentions, buying good quality parts and putting some effort into his project was not going to happen.  Especially when he is talking about a x-cam for 50.00.  But what he really does not understand is that a spring that will accommodate .542" lift with stock length valves and do the job even 1/2 right is damn near non existent.  Thus, I made it easy and suggested the b-cam because it is only .480" lift and much easier to fit.  I might as well had been talking to a stuffed monkey because he didn't listen anyway.  C'est la Vie.  I try to help by doing things right, then I am accused of being a TV preacher and a used car salesman.  I take the low end approach and people still don't listen.

Jay Allen
CAMSHAFT INNOVATIONS

www.camshaftinnovations.com

Whatever It Takes !!!

UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, ALL PM's ARE TURNED OFF.  I AM NOT IGNORING ANYONE, E-MAIL ME IF YOU NEED SOMETHING.
mj88stang
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2008, 09:34:19 pm »

I wasn't knocking ya, Mr. Allen, i just thought it was somewhat funny only because it was a ford cam of all things and i'd never think you would post anything in this sub-section due to the fact somebody might take things the wrong way and think they can buy something used or whatever and hold you accountable because you suggested it. and yeah, he didn't listen because  of his ignorance. oh, well. you can only suggest things. you can't make people do them.

1988 hatchback, currently a shell
Jay Allen
Camshaft Innovations
Banned Member
Big Block

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2008, 10:04:05 pm »

I wasn't knocking ya, Mr. Allen, i just thought it was somewhat funny only because it was a ford cam of all things and i'd never think you would post anything in this sub-section due to the fact somebody might take things the wrong way and think they can buy something used or whatever and hold you accountable because you suggested it. and yeah, he didn't listen because  of his ignorance. oh, well. you can only suggest things. you can't make people do them.

I 100% understand that you were not being derogatory at all.  My main point is/was, if people are going to listen, then they are going to listen, period.  Its obvious this cat wanted the 50.00 cam and come hell or high water, that is what he is going to own.

I do believe this forum will be ok.......its gonna have growing pains and it'll take some tweaking.  But Mighty Mouse will get it there!

Jay Allen
CAMSHAFT INNOVATIONS

Whatever It Takes !!!

UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, ALL PM's ARE TURNED OFF.  I AM NOT IGNORING ANYONE, E-MAIL ME IF YOU NEED SOMETHING.
FullAuto
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2008, 10:13:19 pm »

HERE IS THE CAVEAT - The advice in this forum WILL NOT be from the "experts", just from ordinary members, and the advice MAY be worth exactly what you paid for it. . .
This is the line I thought of when I saw Jay post.  I thought this was the forum to get advice from the William Robert's of the world.
mighty mouse
"Prom King Mista Nathan Moonen"
Administrator
Big Block

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2008, 10:07:12 am »

The thread currently in discussion was moved here.  The B cam post by Jay was done before the thread was transferred.

1986 Mustang GT Convertible
Suspension and Differential by Team Z Motorsports
8.2 Deck Forged Shortblock by FordStrokers

With a Novi2000...

I'd rather be a fool who is loyal to his friends than a POS that jumps ship to save face. We were wrong in the end, but nobody can ever call us disloyal. I can live with that.
Jay Allen
Camshaft Innovations
Banned Member
Big Block

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2008, 10:47:03 am »

The thread currently in discussion was moved here.  The B cam post by Jay was done before the thread was transferred.

I will be more than glad to remove my post.  I was PM'ed and asked why I would recommend a cam that I am so against.  I explained above and if this is not good, I will remove it.

Jay Allen
CAMSHAFT INNOVATIONS

Whatever It Takes !!!

MattMans88
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

The Real Blue Devil

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2008, 10:56:59 am »

I will be more than glad to remove my post.  I was PM'ed and asked why I would recommend a cam that I am so against.  I explained above and if this is not good, I will remove it.

Nah, I would leave it Jay.  If people don't know how to read it's their problem.  You tried your best to help the kid, that damn horse just refuses to drink the water though  Disgust

"I'm proud of you fellas. You all kept your head on a swivel, and that's what you gotta do when you find yourself in a vicious cock fight."

"What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing. How 'bout we get you in your p.j.'s and we hit the hay."

"Go fuck yourself, San Diego."

-Ron Burgundy
silverstangboy
6 Banger

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2008, 11:03:49 pm »

I really don't think it got anybodies panties in a wad, I'd probably sum it up that it was humorous for those of us that have come to know what kind of person you are, to see that recommendation, not that it was wrong.. because you knew the guy was going to make the wrong decision, you mearly pointed out the least wrong choice out of the choices he'd pick. I give you kudo's for even taking your time on him.

BTW, you should know that im going with you after I blow my junk up, or the next time any of my friends decide to build.
Carpimp1987
4 Banger

Fox Body T-Birds and Cougars with Mustang parts

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2008, 03:02:52 am »

Please add a rule stickers don't add HP unless parts are installed right or you really do have the part or you have had to order parts form the place. Just joking guys i just got here i can't make up the rules sound like a nice budget idea.

1988 Mercury Cougar 306ci Vortech V-1 Supercharged 185cc heads with 1.6 roller rockers E303 cam rebulit AOD with 2,500 stall and O1A K-member and all the UPR parts that would fit my car also has a 8.8 with moser axles and 3.27 gears GT500 rims and Nitto 555s and 555rs in the back.

1988- T-bird 5.0 HO swap mass air BBK longtube headers and underdrive pulleys UPR cold air kit global west A-arms and lowering springs also 8.8 with 3.73s out of a Tubrocoupe and 01 GT rims.

Also my 1st car got Totaled 1987 T-Bird had many mods now being used as a parts car for the other 2 new rides. Check out all my rides here new and old  http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
bmazingo
6 Banger

GLOBAL WARMER

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2009, 02:12:34 pm »

If I put 347 Stroker badges on my truck, maybe the old girl will get some self esteem and run like a 347 Stroker.
Hmmmmm                                            Wonder, Ponder                                        
Buy my 347Stroker badges off Ebay and gain 300HP and 275LBFT instantly and get 30 MPG.
   I'll be RICH

OK a real question.....Stock heads (E7) and stock pistons, how much lift before I get into trouble?   Hyd. Flat tappet cam. Stock rockers,  I am gonna change springs.

Prevent gobal warming....EAT BEEF.
Joel5.0
El Hombre
Administrator
Big Block

Miracles?.... by appointment only!

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2009, 02:23:15 pm »

All the lift the springs and valve stem/retainer clearance will allow. For E7's with stock springs = .450" lift. IOW..... total valve lift has nothing to do with possible PtV clearance issues = http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,57.0.html

ACRONYMS:
LUK  LMK  JIC  BTSTDTRT  YCYDYP  NFI-YTM  SPOBI, and the classic... DILLIGAS

'86 Mustang GT, X-303 cam, Holley DP 700, RG Tran., 289 Heads   Ford Smilie 2

Quote from: Joel5.0
The right to be stupid is inalienable for sure however, there is no such thing as a right to impose stupidity onto others
Great Thoughts will Overwhelm a Feeble Mind
There is never money to do it right, but there's always money to do it over.
Knowledge based on external evidence is unreliable.
He, who doesn't ask, does not deserve an answer.
A mind is like a parachute it only works when it is open.  (oldmanjoe)
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. (Albert Einstein)
Tuning on a Dyno for the track, is like swim practice in a bathtub.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you. (90lxcoupe)
The proof of understanding is the ability to explain it. (H. Torruella)
Ignorance is bliss, but stupidity is orgasmic.
Fraud and falsehood only dread examination. Truth invites it. (Samuel Johnson)
The chaotic resistance of the opponents leads to the conclusion that they are not prepared to meet the challenge. The problem is already much more psychological then technological. [Bojidar Djordjev]
Individuals are rational and humane... Crowds are reactionary and barbaric. (Jason)
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it. –Chinese Proverb
Nothing sways the stupid more than arguments they can't understand - Cardinal de Retz
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: