Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 17, 2018, 01:40:11 am

Login with username, password and session length
Director PLEASE!!!!
Add your location information to your personal profile. Thanx!
435246 Posts in 37263 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ For Sale - Wanted Ads
| |-+ For Sale Section
| | |-+ SBFTech Sponsors Specials (Moderator: Its1FastCat)
| | | |-+ team z strange axle package ?'s
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: team z strange axle package ?'s  (Read 24454 times)
red89notch
« on: January 25, 2008, 11:10:35 am »

i am looking at the strange  8.8 pro race axel and spool package. 

whats the price for me/us on sbftech.com?  the reason i ask is $628 is only $1.50 cheaper then what strange sells the same package for ($629.50) and they are local to me.

thanks
Team Z Motorsports
Authorized Advertiser
Big Block

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 01:23:23 pm »

When your local McDonalds has $1.00 cheese burgers do you buy one or ask for one for .75 cents?

Team Z Motorsports
 Team Z is now a Strange engineering and Precision Turbo dealer. Now stocking V band clamps and big mouth cooler lids.
Stroked Small Block

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 01:41:40 pm »

I'm sorry but thats funny! Grin

"Hey 1320, PLEASE run out in the middle of the road and let that Mack Truck plow into you."

Carma is a bitch
Team Z Motorsports
Authorized Advertiser
Big Block

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 02:17:22 pm »

I help allot of people out, but when someone wants me to price quote on a forum It makes me wonder about them, This is how I earn my living, If someone was hired to work at a place for say $15 an hour and the boss came by and ask will you do it for $12 most people would say F U

Maybe a PM would have been better to price check Whistling

Team Z Motorsports
 Team Z is now a Strange engineering and Precision Turbo dealer. Now stocking V band clamps and big mouth cooler lids.
FordRacing250
Big Block

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 02:44:06 pm »

When your local McDonalds has $1.00 cheese burgers do you buy one or ask for one for .75 cents?
Thats some funny shit right there... lol

RaceTec Pistons
tim@racetecpistons.com
Outlaw Bill
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 03:04:51 pm »

LMAO on floor LMAO on floor

www.TeamZmotorsports.net

TeamZmotorsports 25.2 outlaw drag radial stock suspension 1991 Mustang
Thank You to the following for their help
TeamZmotorsports
Marcella Manifolds
Schoneck Composite
Ultimate Converter Concepts

"Stupid is as stupid does", "You can't fix stupid"
"Common sense is not common"
FordRacing250
Big Block

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 03:23:53 pm »

I will gladly pay you Thursday for a hamburger today....

RaceTec Pistons
tim@racetecpistons.com
red89notch
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 05:24:29 pm »

I help allot of people out, but when someone wants me to price quote on a forum It makes me wonder about them, This is how I earn my living, If someone was hired to work at a place for say $15 an hour and the boss came by and ask will you do it for $12 most people would say F U

or you could have just PM'd me instead of being a smart ass and losing a customer. maybe you should make a living at being a comedian then.

i do this for fun and have a good time, i have no want or need to do buisness with a smart ass, would you?

this is the age of the internet, when something is $600+ and you advertise it for $1.50 LESS then what the manufacturer is SELLING them for it makes you wonder why they would even bother advertising it for less then 1% less then the manufacturer sells them for.

see my point.

i work in customer service for parts of my job and if this was a potential customer asking (and believe me i know this cant be the first time this has been brought up to you) the same question i did the appropriate response would have been well we can offer you better customer service and support or something along those lines. but got nothing but a smart ass comment? if you were the customer what would you do now?  shop elsewhere thats what you would do

i looked at your site and saw that you were $1.50 less then strange sells them for and if you werent a sponsor of this site i would have just passed it and went on looking at another site a $1.50 less then manufacturers price make you look like your not willing to come down or you are focused on profits only. especially since everyone else is selling it for more then $1.50 less the MSRP

im only calling it how i see it.

i am by far not a cheap person , i would gladly pay a few $$'s more for something if the seller makes you feel comfortable about the sale, just like when you buy a car Smiley

people read into prices alot more then you think i guess.

i gave you an oppurtunity to have my buisness and all your only response was

now how is that good customer service?

i gave you a chance to show your customer service skills to everyone and you did just that.

thanks for your time good luck in your buisness, if you treat all potential customers like this you will need it.

people on this forum would like to think that since you sponsor the site that they would get a better deal. even if we are all just average joes we still like to feel like we are someone special, and you made it a point to make sure that i dont feel special or happy about a potential purchase from you

i know i am in the market for more then just a axle package, i was even looking at the kmember.

i know it doesnt mean shit to you but my car races in chicago on the streets and the track and there are a ton of local racers that have never heard of your products, i know if your name comes up ill just link them to this thread and let them decide on where/what company to do buisness with
mighty mouse
"Prom King Mista Nathan Moonen"
Administrator
Big Block

I'll be the Judge of that

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 05:46:45 pm »

or you could have just PM'd me instead of being a smart ass and losing a customer. maybe you should make a living at being a comedian then.

Dave does not make a living selling Strange parts, he makes a living building better suspension components than the next guy.  You refer to PM's - maybe you should have just PM'd Dave for a discount. . . but stating that a sponsors prices are out of line is not going to get you anywhere!

this is the age of the internet

yep, and I think everyone will agree, that is where you get 99% of your bonehead misinformation that you spew out on every post since you got here.

when something is $600+ and you advertise it for $1.50 LESS then what the manufacturer is SELLING them for it makes you wonder why they would even bother advertising it for less then 1% less then the manufacturer sells them for.

Isnt it Dave's perogative what he sells stuff for?  Show me a place that sells it cheaper than Dave?

see my point.

Not really.

if you were the customer what would you do now?  shop elsewhere thats what you would do

That might be the best idea for all involved.  Buy direct from Strange and pay $1.50 more.  You have a situation unlike most, that they are local.  But the fact of the matter is, for most Strange customers out there, Dave is still less expensive.

i looked at your site and saw that you were $1.50 less then strange sells them for and if you werent a sponsor of this site i would have just passed it and went on looking at another site a $1.50 less then manufacturers price make you look like your not willing to come down or you are focused on profits only. especially since everyone else is selling it for more then $1.50 less the MSRP

Take it from me - Dave will help you if he can, he has me and many others, but we are good customers, who are you?

Then take your blinders off.

i am by far not a cheap person ,

ah hah. . . tell me another one.

Well . . . I laughed, agreed with Dave, and I still buy my parts from him.  So, I guess it worked out for him.

1986 Mustang GT Convertible
Suspension and Differential by Team Z Motorsports
9.5 Deck Forged Stroker Shortblock by FordStrokers
Trick Flow High Ports and Super Vic EFI intake by Duane Busch

I'd rather be a fool who is loyal to his friends than a POS that jumps ship to save face. We were wrong in the end, but nobody can ever call us disloyal. I can live with that.
BADBIRD
Big Block

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 05:48:59 pm »

i do this for fun and have a good time, i have no want or need to do buisness with a smart ass, would you?

this is the age of the internet, when something is $600+ and you advertise it for $1.50 LESS then what the manufacturer is SELLING them for it makes you wonder why they would even bother advertising it for less then 1% less then the manufacturer sells them for.

see my point.

i work in customer service for parts of my job and if this was a potential customer asking (and believe me i know this cant be the first time this has been brought up to you) the same question i did the appropriate response would have been well we can offer you better customer service and support or something along those lines. but got nothing but a smart ass comment? if you were the customer what would you do now?  shop elsewhere thats what you would do

i am by far not a cheap person , i would gladly pay a few $$'s more for something if the seller makes you feel comfortable about the sale, just like when you buy a car Smiley

people read into prices alot more then you think i guess.

Dude I will tell you that you just fucked up. Dave gives more tech advise than anyone I know even if it is not his shit, (how is that for customer service). Dave is a very small shop that builds race cars ie NOT A MAIL ORDER CATALOG and is still $23.69 cheaper than Summit racing.

Dave $628.00   http://teamzmotorsports.net/differential.html#axles

Summit Racing $651.69    http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=STR%2DP2000FM&N=700+310685+4294790490+115&autoview=sku

neither one of these guys made the product only a reseller. So it is only obvious that if you are the manufacturer than you can sell it cheaper    no middle man to pay... Just remember this attitude you have when you need advise on why your car don't hook and you call Dave for advise  Hmmmmm why  should you get a deal anyway are some WORLD RECORD HOLDER or something. I see you ask for a deal then prove why you should be entitled to one. BTW if he gave you a deal what were you gonna do for Dave and Team Z Motorsports....

sorry but this shit just pisses me off everyone thinks they are owed something

Ron

Travel Needs www.mtktravel.net  www.mtkglobaltravel.com  Mimi 734-604-3677

Jay www.camshaftinnovations.com
Dave www.teamzmotorsports.net
Jim www.fordstrokers.com

Dirt Burner Racing
nankinhobby.com
RACERX89
Big Block

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 06:03:34 pm »

whats the price for me/us on sbftech.com?  the reason i ask is $628 is only $1.50 cheaper then what strange sells the same package for ($629.50) and they are local to me.

thanks

Sounded like a honest question to me.   Maybe he could have worded it different...I dont know...
maybe.   I would not/did not expect the resonse that he got.   When you are a professional,
like Dave, you have to present yourself in a professional way at all times.  Its hard to do, I know!

We all read things into text that was never intended (good and bad). 
I feel like this is one of those instances! 

Just my  :2?:    and two cents aint much!
mmb
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 06:09:06 pm »

i think i read on Dave's site if you buy a 10pt. cage install and a mini tub - you get a huge discount of Strange.....

So there you go!!
spruce
6 Banger

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 06:12:17 pm »

thanks

Sounded like a honest question to me.   Maybe he could have worded it different...I dont know...
maybe.   I would not/did not expect the resonse that he got.   When you are a professional,
like Dave, you have to present yourself in a professional way at all times.  Its hard to do, I know!

We all read things into text that was never intended (good and bad). 
I feel like this is one of those instances! 

Just my  :2?:    and two cents aint much!

^ agree  :2?:
Outlaw Bill
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2008, 06:12:50 pm »

This what gets me, many never check about customer service and etc, its just that one place is a $1.50 cheaper than the other, its all about price these days. Now I'm in no way rich, but crying over $1.50 is rediculous, have you checked the price of gas lately?. Shit I spend more than $1.50 going to look at my car!. Hmmmmm

If this is the attitude you are going to have, he is better off without you. Good Luck!

www.TeamZmotorsports.net

TeamZmotorsports 25.2 outlaw drag radial stock suspension 1991 Mustang
Thank You to the following for their help
TeamZmotorsports
Marcella Manifolds
Schoneck Composite
Ultimate Converter Concepts

"Stupid is as stupid does", "You can't fix stupid"
"Common sense is not common"
mmb
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2008, 06:15:57 pm »

i see nothing unprofessional about Dave's post, I would take the $1.50 comment as a shot below the belt.

Poeple need to Understand you can save $100 and buy from an internet chop shop and get ok-to-moronic tech service, or you can spend $100 extra and rest assured you have solid help in your corner!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: