Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2018, 07:46:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length
TRADER Feedback System
IS NOW AVAILABLE
* SBFTECH Membership Required *
435277 Posts in 37275 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ Library Tech Library Tech
| |-+ Tech Articles/Sticky's Section
| | |-+ easy window motor fix 94-95 only!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: easy window motor fix 94-95 only!  (Read 5747 times)
slo94gt
2stroke

« on: December 13, 2007, 01:48:23 pm »

A few weeks ago my driver side window wont go down without me pushing it,same thing to go up,but i was able to heard the motor running and a clicking noise so i decided to take the window motor out and surprise the bushing were worn out,so i went to the parts store and bought the bushings and got it fixed now it works like new up and down.now im goign to tell you how and what you need:

Tools needed:

*Bushing can be found at autozone,O'Reillys or Advance auto parts for about $6.99

Part No. is 74410 specs of bushings are :

Diameter:.595"
Height:.429"
*Phillips
*5/16 socket
*Flat scredriver

Step 1: ok first thing open the door (of course)

Step 2: now see the black part that you use to shut the door that needs to come off,on the top of it stick the flat screwdriver
            and  pop it loose,once that is done puul it straight up, on the back of it there is the power mirror switch unplug it, then             
            unscrew   the two screws to free the lock/unlock harness

Step 3: Take  off the two screws that are near the center of the door panel.

Step 4:Now pull the panel door up and then feed the door opening handle thru the door panel.now the door panel is off

Step 5:the window operator i s east of the door,peel back the plastic as necessary to get to it,then unplug it,now fish it thru the 
            little hole

Step 6:Take the speaker off it has 4 screws

Step 7:now peel back the plastic as necessary to get to the 3 bolts holding the motor

Step 8:takes off the three bolts holding the motor,make sure you are ready to catch it or will fall inside the door (no biggie),get it 
            out thru the speaker hole.

Step 9:open the motor by uncrimping the two crimps and pop the cover off surprise !!!!!!all that stuff is not garlic is whats left of
            your bushing,at the end of the shaft there is a clip,spread its ears and slide the clip right off (pics no.1)

Step 10: pull the gears out and clean the inside

Step 11:put your new bushings in

reassemble everything and you are done

I hope this helps everyone as it helped me.

NOTE: Passenger is almost same thing
scott201
Burger King
Small Block

Guess who this is???? It's Jennifer Aniston. Hot

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 12:02:05 am »

I have the window motor makes noise but window doesn't move without manual help problem in my 94' gt.  I hope that this is exactly what the problem is.  I thought that I would need to get a whole new window track with gears but I wasn't sure because I have never taken one apart yet.

Good Post

Nerdberg
4 Banger

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 12:20:44 am »

THANK YOU!!!
You just made my day...

Thra5her
2stroke

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 10:47:29 am »

hey thats awesome but heres a trick that works even better and is FREE 90 FREE!! use some rubber hose or vacuum line instead...wont ever break again!!!!!!!!!

thx for all youre help peepz and ill put my 2 cents in  a lot here  as well i can see SmileySmileySmiley

Thra5her 
slo94gt
2stroke

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 02:50:58 pm »

I have the window motor makes noise but window doesn't move without manual help problem in my 94' gt.  I hope that this is exactly what the problem is.  I thought that I would need to get a whole new window track with gears but I wasn't sure because I have never taken one apart yet.

Good Post

i hope this help you and didnt get a new assembly.
THANK YOU!!!
You just made my day...

hahaha,welcome.

Javi

hey thats awesome but heres a trick that works even better and is FREE 90 FREE!! use some rubber hose or vacuum line instead...wont ever break again!!!!!!!!!

thx for all youre help peepz and ill put my 2 cents in  a lot here  as well i can see SmileySmileySmiley

Thra5her 

ive heard we can even put nuts in there dont know what size and never seen them

Thanks everyone
OldLeadfoot
4 Banger

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 10:39:48 am »

This is great info.  I have two motors sitting in the garage because I thought they were broken.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: