Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2022, 01:28:26 am

Login with username, password and session length
Team Z Motorsports
Tech Section
* SBFTECH Membership Required *
435314 Posts in 37297 Topics by 9537 Members
Latest Member: Mgabski
Search: Advanced search
Advertiser Inquiries
+ My Community
|-+ Membership Tech
| |-+ Projects Under Construction
| | |-+ Crawfords Toyota
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crawfords Toyota  (Read 203975 times)
trickcat
King Pimp Daddy
Big Block

Time to start working on my junk again!!!

« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2009, 05:22:31 pm »

Poser.... Grin

68 Cougar, 418 stroker, CI cam, Canfield heads, 1000cfm Drag Race Demon, C4/w 4000 stall, 9" rear, Detroit locker and bald tires. Explain
http://www.streetfire.net/video/my-68-cougar-at-sacramento-raceway_209039.htm

"Fast cars only need 2 pedals.... A Go Pedal and a Whoa pedal!"
Is1BadFord
Rookie
2stroke

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2009, 05:39:46 pm »

Fun stuff!!!

I know you've probably been told this before...but this:

Would make for a VERY bad day if you had a blowout on the freeway lol.  On top of that, the guy behind you would likely have a PRETTY DAMN HARD time stopping in time not to rear end you with all that oil on the road lol.

=D

Cris
Fordota
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

I believe Dana thinks they landed on the moon

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2009, 05:58:44 pm »

Poser.... Grin

Haha, totally agree - but hey who wouldn't take the opportunity to drive onto a car!?

Fun stuff!!!

I know you've probably been told this before...but this:

Would make for a VERY bad day if you had a blowout on the freeway lol.  On top of that, the guy behind you would likely have a PRETTY DAMN HARD time stopping in time not to rear end you with all that oil on the road lol.

=D

Cris

100% with ya... Its LONG GONE....

"I want to cheat, but remain in the grey area... not a full blown rat bastard cheater." -347HO

418w + 93 toyota pickup - check it out @  http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,15697.30.html
Fordota
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2009, 12:28:10 am »

Stage 4 Got tired of jarring my fillings loose with the stupid IFS. Time for a real suspention.

RIP

I scored a 79 toyota 8" front straight axle from my uncle and began to make it as bad ass as I could.

Final specs on front end are:
High Pinion with electric locker and 4.88 gears
30 sp Longfield Super Axles (stronger at full turn than a Dana 60) check em out- http://www.longfieldsuperaxles.com/
79 housing offers the most ground clearance
Fully trussed with diff protection and shaved lower brackets for ubolt flip
Knuckleball gussets and Rock Rings
Hi Steer steering arms to put my tie rod above my leaf springs and 1 ton size tie rod ends
12" Landcruiser vented disk brakes so I could use my stock 4 piston calipers
Stock Aisin Hubs (because they are undebatably stronger than any aftermarket hub)

This isn't mine but here's a stocker. Stock the came with a front to back style steering (J arm). They suck and end up cracking in half.

working...

Here it is done. The High steer positions the tie rod high above the leaf springs and keeps the draglink angle very reasonable. I could not drop the pitman arm any because my springs have so much uptravel the tie rod almost hits at full compression.

High Pinion keeps driveline totally above the axle tube and my ujoints happy.

Most mount the steering stabilizer to the draglink, but the angles change as the suspension moves and that drives me nuts. I mounted mine directly above the housing behind the tie rod. I chose this because its totally protected, and does not change geometry as the suspension articulates.

Now I need shocks... ProComp MX6 adjustable monotubes... and the suspension uses every inch of them...

Shock Hoops to fit em... note the oil filter - happy Cris!?  Grin

AllPro 5" leaf springs. I positioned the front tire 1.5" forward from stock and angled the hoops so the shocks are inline with the travel of the front end as it compresses (up and back).

"I want to cheat, but remain in the grey area... not a full blown rat bastard cheater." -347HO

418w + 93 toyota pickup - check it out @  http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,15697.30.html
jtmustang
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2009, 01:09:42 am »

YESSS................ Good Job!

looks sweet there....i was just over watching/helping my neighbors do nother ifs / solid axle swap..

and that should take some beating they way u did it...
Fordota
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2009, 10:50:09 am »

The cool thing is now that the 900 brackets are gone I have soooo much room for cool stuff. I have lots of header room now (my upper A-Arms used to kill me) and I can run a BIG oil pan.

Fordota
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2009, 03:46:43 pm »

The front springs and hangers gave me 2.5 more inches of lift and I planned on running 37's so now I had to address the rear

Trussed up the rear housing, installed 4.88 gears, Ubolt Flip, New shock mounts because the old ones bound up durring flex.

I ran the brake line in the valley above the truss so it was totally protected

I got AllPro 5" springs for the rear and got rid of the blocks. They are 9" longer than stock so I had to make a new spring hanger. Since this moves the hanger lower on the frame, its easy to get lots of lift with a flat soft spring.

I also haul stuff and tow junk and I didnt want my soft springs wearing out and sagging on me. I cant stand it when a truck sits low in the back, so I made some removable air bags that I can toss in and out in a snap. I sleeved the frame on top, and made a mount on the ubolt pads below and tossed in some poly bushings (so no clanking) and use big tractor pins. No tools, in and out in about 2 minutes. I have hauled massive amounts of crap with these and they work awesome. Now I can haul when I need to, and not limit suspention flex or deal with stiff springs.

Here is some pics of when this stuff was finished. I ended up getting 37x12.5 Goodyears on 15x10" rims

Sorry I probably went overboard on pics

liljoe07
"Gentleman Joe"
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

Feed your MILD side

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2009, 05:47:01 pm »

i told joel he unleashed a beast  Spt at PC

89 Coupe:
347- Canfield 195's, Holley Systemax II, Jones Cam, 3" Exhaust, 3" Spintechs, QuarterHorse, BE/EA

Well since you friggin disagree with every damn suggestion, just rebuild the piece of shit.
8950lx
Big Block

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2009, 10:02:55 am »

Dude, that's incredible!! Nice work,  that truck came out SO nice. While we are on the subject of pictures... how 'bout some pics of the Datsuns with V8's????????? Please?

1988 Mustang LX Coupe former 4 banger:

306 CID, F303, 70mm TB, 76mm C&L MAF,  Comp Cams Box upper and Cobra lower, 24# injectors, Mac 1 5/8" Shorty Headers, 2.5" H pipe, Spin-Tech Pro Streets(dumps), 3.73 Gears, Cobra front brakes with '95 GT lower control arms, '95 GT rear disc brakes.
Fordota
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2009, 11:28:43 am »

Yep I can do that when I get home. They are really cool and have been put through the ringer for many many years. 

Fordota
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2009, 09:57:52 pm »

This is my buddies rig that has been around for over 30 years. It has a 351w and is on an early bronco frame.

Fordota
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2009, 10:54:18 pm »

Alright dudes, sorry for the 9 million pics but now you know what Im working on.

HERE IS MY CURRENT PROJECT

Plans include:

418w
NP435 Granny 4 speed transmission
Old style toyota topshift transfer case with 4.7 marlin crawler gears
Ford 9 rear end
4.11 gears

So everything but a new front end, no big deal right!?  Naughty

Here's a pic of my drivetrain. I just got done rebuilding it all (NP435, Advanced Adapter, Toyota Topshift tcase with 4.7 gears and driveline disk brake)

jtmustang
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2009, 11:22:04 pm »

lookin good ..any news on your motor?

and wheres the specs and such on that....

Fordota
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2009, 11:35:41 pm »

I pulled the 289, toyota trans, toyota tcase and sold em all. Then I went to town on my frame. I eliminated two crossmembers. One was the stock transmission x-member that hangs really low. It will be replaced by the one thats bolted to my tcase. That will net me about 6" of clearance. The other was in the way, so I built one that worked better. At this point the only stuff on the frame that has not been completely rebuilt or seriously modified are the two frame rails. I cut off so many junk brackets for things it was rediculous. Actually if was quite liberating  Grin I have a 2" body lift so I decided to use it. I moved all my running gear up so it is flat with the bottom of the frame. Now nothing hangs down.

Top one is old x-member that mounted to fuel tank, bottom is old trans mount that bolted to bottom of frame

Gas tank used to hang about 3" below the frame

I had to cut a big ol' hole in the floor to make new openings for the trans and tcase.

I was trying to show that the trans sits completely under the dash. The back of the opening is inline with my throttle pedal. The heater even still fits- YESSS

Fordota
Adv_SBFTechie
Big Block

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2009, 11:49:09 pm »

Woody's got all my stuff to put the 418 together. We we seriously considered a 347, but Jay thought that for this particular application a 418w would be a better choice. I think that may have been in part because my transmission. I am happy with it, but did NOT have many choices. Jay helped  me a TON and went WAY above and beyond for me with my head and can selection.

Here's what was decided upon

418w
Probe 4.100 cast crank
Probe 4.030 forged pistons
Probe steel I beam rods courtesy of Fordstrokers.com
CI Billet hyd roller
Comp Link-Bars
Iron RHS 180's courtesy of Camshaft Innovations
Performer RPM AirGap
ProSystems 840 (950HP Holley)
RAM twin-disk clutch per Jay and RAM 

Cam and head combo should start making power right off idle and produce max tq around 4000 and max hp around 5000

Stang B-out

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: